Monday, June 14, 2010

Another from the Susquehanna River series

Island in Late Afternoon. 40 x 32 inches, oil on linen.

Another from the series of the Susquehanna, a river I travel along so often. The energetic surface quality of the painting reflect a lot of what I learned working on the really large canvases  for the Artifact show. I aim to have the expressionist feel of the paint convey the texture of the environment.

I've begun work on a series of the Deschutes River, on the other side of the country in my home state of Oregon. Every time I get comfortable thinking I know something about what I am doing, I find I'm full of...... how 'bout we say new ideas about directions and meaning. OK, crap. My dear, sweet wonderful wife found out this weekend when an off-hand question opened the door to the level of frustration  I am feeling over a new piece. More next time.

Suffice to say, I am very lucky she loves me.

No comments: